Holy, HOLY, HOLY Crap!!!!! So as I mentioned earlier this week, my Robot Hat was proving popular on my Etsy Store. I was all jazzed that I would be making five hats and tee-hee wasn’t it nice that people liked my stuff.
Three days, and four finished hats later, my hands hurt and my face is turning as grey as the yarn I’ve been using! And there is one small problem, I wasn’t really thinking ahead and set up the listing to auto-renew after purchase… so I *STILL* have four hats to make cause people keep ordering them (that has since been fixed and why I purposely didn’t link a listing to it up there when I mentioned Robot Hat!)!!
I know, I know, first world problem!! But I’m running out of yarn & pupils for the eyeballs and I’ve already completely bought out TWO of the local JoAnn Craft stores of all their 15mm pupils and grey yarn! (Boo on Michaels for not carrying these pupils!). And I really need to get these finished before Soapfi & Daddy get home from back east because I want to spend my Sunday playing and catching up, not crocheting!
However, on the bright side, how cool is it that one of my hats will be heading out to Australia tomorrow?!
Holy Crap!!! My Robot Hat in my Etsy store has proven more popular than I ever imagined – over the weekend I received FIVE orders!! Including my first attempt to really really downsize the pattern for a newborn (which I have found I have to knit because I just can’t get it small enough with an “F” hook – so now I’m converting it from a crochet pattern to a knit pattern too – but I’m also paranoid that even though I’ve done “the maths” it will be too small – it looks so tiny – I don’t think Soapfi’s head was ever that small!)
Hopefully Soapfi is right and my crochet hooks are really Magic Wands and *poof* these will be done by the end of the week! So pardon me if I’m lazy and don’t post much until the hats are done!!
During my brief hiatus while I was busy doing things that I could hopefully blog about later, CoffeePowerdMom was kind enough to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger Award – because she is awesome-sauce!
Which immediately made me run through a whole gamut of emotions, from “Woo-hoo, someone other that me is reading these things!!”, to “Oh Crap, do I even read enough other blogs to nominate 15 other people? Yep, but all the ones I do read have already been nominated numerous times”, to “At least I’ll have one thing to write about this week”.
If you ever want to kill a chain letter, or pyramid recipe scheme, or email joke thread, send it to me – I never ever follow through on that shit. But this is different, this is a big sparkly *AWARD*. So like any good major award, I’m going to prop it up in my figurative front window for all to see, and even more remarkably, actually make an effort to pass it along and mostly follow the rules!
So here it goes:
♦ Thank and link to the nominator (see first paragraph)
♦ Tell seven things about you (see below)
♦ Nominate 15 blogs that are awesome-sauce (see below that)
Seven things about me, in no particular order, with no particular theme, that hopefully include at least one or two things that you didn’t already know, or maybe even a stunning revelation (doubtful!)
1. I’m not a very good gardener, but when I do manage to get to the weeding, I weed just like my Grandma Mary did – standing on my feet, bent over at the waist, with my ass hanging out for all the world to see – because it really is faster than shuffling around on my knees.
2. I have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower even though I’m scared of heights, I have climbed the Great Wall of China even though I’m out out of shape, and I have golfed in Scotland even though I don’t have an official handicap, but I will *NEVER* be convinced to get over my fear of raw fish and try sashimi!!!
3. My idea of “cooking” is pre-heating the oven and throwing in a Stouffer’s Family Size Lasagna.
4. I firmly believe that Joss Whedon is brilliant – I would watch his film adaptation of paint drying on a wall.
5. I love my job, but that doesn’t mean I don’t day dream about making a living crocheting and knitting… or owning my own hockey rink.
6. I almost ran over Martin Mull with my bicycle while I was visiting my uncle. (He lived in Brentwood in the 1990’s so I had a few run-in’s with famous people – but usually I wasn’t accidentally trying to injure them.)
7. I think everybody should get their butt checked, because colon cancer sucks (Miss you every day Daddy).
And now for the harder part… coming up with 15 other blogs to nominate. I have a few core blogs that I love (of which I was surprised to find there were actually more than 15!), but I love them for the same reason so many other people love them, which means most of them have been nominated numerous times before. So I will at least list them here (again in no particular order) so others can go check them out, and then I’ll work on letting them know once I figure out if it’s a “new to them” award or not! (Like I mentioned before, not always so good with following the rules, so if you see yourself here before I tag you on your blog…. that’s sooooo freaking cool that you follow me!)
♥ When the Kids Go to Bed
♥ Dear#$&!% Baby
♥ Pins and Patience
♥ Dirty Rotten Parenting
♥ My Toddler Peed In The Fridge
♥ The Middlest Sister
♥ Father Trek